If you are using Firefox
as a web browser, then you may configure it so that it will use Trebuchet to open all telnet:// links (example: telnet://vore.got-game.org:8888
for Voregotten Realm).
Here is how to proceed:
- From Firefox, install the mozex extension (v1.07d or later).
- Close all Firefox windows and restart the browser to let it finish the installation of the extension.
- Go to the "Tools" / "Extensions" menu and select the mozex entry in it. Right click on this entry and choose the "Preferences" (or "Options") item in the context pull-down menu which appears. This will open the mozex preferences menu.
- In the mozex preferences menu, check the "Intercept telnet: clicks" option under the "General" section and enter the following command in the "Telnet" field of the "Commands" section:
- For Linux: /usr/bin/treb --connect %h %o
- For Windoze: c:\path_to_tcltk\bin\wish83.exe c:\path_to_trebuchet\trebuchet.tcl --connect %h:%o
Where path_to_tcltk is the path to Tcl/Tk v8.3.3 (it may vary depending on how you installed it), and path_to_trebuchet is the path to Trebuchet (same remark), replacing all spaces with the "%_" symbol (without the quotes).
Example: c:\windows\tcltk\bin\wish83.exe c:\program%_files\internet\trebuchet\trebuchet.tcl --connect %h:%o
- Click on the "OK" button to close the menu and save mozex preferences.
That's it ! From now on, clicking on a telnet:// link will either spawn a new instance of Trebuchet or use the already running one to connect to the server into a new "World". Note that this new World ("World.N", where N is automatically incremented with each new telnet:// link) will not be saved into the Trebuchet settings, unless you edit it in the "File" / "Edit Worlds" menu.