This is the Wiki for Voregotten Realm
It will hopefully expand into a comprehensive help system and a great resource for generic information about the MUCK.
All users are welcome to contribute !!!
Any MUCK user is welcome to edit and expand this Wiki. To do so, please first Login or Register (link at the top of the page): when registering the Wiki asks you for a name and password, and will return you an Id (write down this Id as you will need it, along your password, to login next time).
Once registered and logged in, you may start and edit the Wiki: just go to the page of your choice and click on the "Edit text of this page" link at the bottom, or click on any "?" link to create and edit a new page.
Basic Text Formatting:
Entering text on a wiki can be done simply. Follow these guidelines:
- Carriage returns (i.e. pressing the Enter key) are significant in formatting a wiki page.
- Multiple spaces and tabs are ignored.
- use '' (two single-quotes) for italics, ''' (three single-quotes) for bold, and ''''' (five single-quotes) for bold-italics. Alternatively, use tags <b>bold</b> and <i>italic</i>
- Use tag <tt>for monospace text</tt> (tt stands for typewriter text).
- The first character entered on a line often controls the formatting of the text on that line (shades of Fortran), in brief (see below and sub pages for details):
- " " space causes text to appear in a monospaced font where spaces are significant.
- ":" colon causes text to be indented.
- "=" equals - followed by a space - creates a heading, a trailing "=" - preceded by a space - is required.
- "*" asterisk creates a bulleted list.
- "#" hash creates a numbered list.
- ";" semicolon creates a definition list, a ":" colon is required subsequently on the same line.
- "----" four hyphens creates a horizontal line.
- "||" vertical bar creates a table.
- Repetition of the first character on the line generally increases the indentation or emphasis
- Leave a single blank line between paragraphs.
- Suppress wiki formatting and linking through escaped WikiWiki text -- <nowiki>WikiWiki</nowiki>
- Insert an image using a full URL, e.g. http://vore.got-game.org/VoregottenRealm/vr.png
You can link to a page by removing the spaces between two or more words, and starting each word with a capital letter. For instance, VoregottenRealmWiki? is a sample of page link.
People abhorring PascalCase can use a free link: surround text with two pairs of square brackets like [[Voregotten Realm Wiki]] (result: Voregotten Realm Wiki). This allows all-downcase or atomic capitalized names as well as strange names including punctuation.
Non-existent pages will be displayed with a question mark link. The question mark link indicates the page doesn't exist yet; follow the link to create and edit the page.
- Named URL link: Voregotten Realm MUCK -- [https://vore.got-game.org/VoregottenRealm/VoregottenRealm.html Voregotten Realm MUCK]
- Image URL link: -- [https://vore.got-game.org/VoregottenRealm/VoregottenRealm.html https://vore.got-game.org/VoregottenRealm/vr.png]
- Absolute link (relative to the site root directory): Voregotten Realm MUCK -- [https:/VoregottenRealm/VoregottenRealm.html Voregotten Realm MUCK]
- Relative link (relative to the current page directory): Voregotten Realm MUCK -- [https:../VoregottenRealm/VoregottenRealm.html Voregotten Realm MUCK]
This Wiki uses a custom (modified/debugged) version
of the UseModMod Wiki
Perl script, itself based on UseMod Wiki
... I guess we could call this script UseModModMod